Monday, January 31, 2011

Bolognese!

Well, one thing I can tell y'all is that I am TOO BUSY to cook from scratch.  I mean, don't get me wrong.  I love things that are made from scratch.  I can really appreciate that.  However, when I'm looking to make food at home, I need it to be good, and I need it to be relatively pain-free.

The other day, it occurred to me that I could make a fabulous bolognese sauce with 2 simple store items!  :D  1. Get the Smart brand Original Ground by Lightlife.



You can find this usually at any local grocery store, not just expensive ones.  2. Get some sort of vegan marinara or, better, a pomodoro sauce.  I usually get Trader Joe's pomodoro. About 1/2 jar to the entire Smart Ground package will do it.



Heat that all up together in a pot, and you have vegan bolognese!  :D  It's oh-so yummy.  You gan make vegan "manwiches" or vegan bolognese pasta, which, I think, goes great with whole wheat corkscrew pasta.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment